Are you seeking a chicken dinner recipe that’s quick and easy? I got you covered! You probably know by now that I love quick and easy recipes! And this one is no exception.
This ultimate, quick and easy jalapeno chicken casserole recipe has a little something extra (surprise, I threw in a veggie!). Chicken breast, sliced jalapeno peppers, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, spinach, and monterey jack cheese come together for a spicy, creamy, easy, chicken dinner tonight.
Spinach Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb Cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, fresh, sliced (or more if you prefer)
- 4 Green onions, sliced (save a few for garnish)
- 2 Cans of Cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 9 oz Spinach, fresh or frozen, chopped, cooked & drained
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, saute the onion and jalapeno in olive oil until tender. Remove from heat. Add the cream of chicken soups, sour cream, chicken, green onions (save some for garnish), salt, pepper, and half the cheese. Mix well.
- Pour all the ingredients into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350F, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned around the edge. Add remaining green onion for garnish, if desired.
- Enjoy as is or serve over cooked pasta, rice, or cauliflower rice. This is will spicier the next day; and that's a good thing!