You’ll fall in love with this one pan yogurt marinated roasted chicken and potatoes recipe! The yogurt marinade ensures the chicken will be tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The secret to the bold flavor and gorgeous color is the garlic chili sauce added to the marinade.
Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
The perfect balance of the garlic chili sauce adds a tangy zest to the chicken. Delicious mild or kick it up by adding more garlic chili sauce to the yogurt mixture (be sure to add the garlic chili sauce slowly to the yogurt marinade mixture and taste test frequently. You can very easily and quickly get this stuff too spicy!).
When done baking, the chicken will be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The creamy potatoes and sweet red onion are a perfect accompaniment to the chicken and makes this a delectable meal!
One pan roasting makes this meal quick and easy. It’s the perfect recipe for a weeknight dinner. Double the recipe for a weekend get together. Everyone will love how the chicken and potatoes taste!
Use a rimmed sheet pan or you’ll have juices running over the pan to the bottom of your oven!
You can arrange the chicken and potatoes on the sheet pan any way you like. Here’s how I arranged mine.
After 20 minutes of baking, be sure to stir the potatoes and onions to make sure they roast evenly. Then bake for an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Mmm, your kitchen will smell heavenly while the chicken and potatoes are roasting!
Note how crispy the skin is. Usually I don’t eat the skin, but I definitely eat this. And the meat is very tasty and tender. The spicy yogurt marinade did its job at tenderizing and flavorizing! And those potatoes are extra creamy after absorbing the bold juices while roasting.
After removing from the oven, let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes. I’ll be hard, but you can be patient! While the chicken is resting, you could prepare a simple green salad or toast some garlic bread.
One Pan Yogurt Marinated Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lb Legs and Thighs, skin on, bone-in (about 4 each)
- 1 lb Baby new potatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 Red onion, medium, cut in wedges
- 1 cup Plain, whole fat yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce (or more if you like extra spicy)
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro (2 heaping tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Prepare the yogurt marinade. Mix all the ingredients except for the chicken, potatoes, and red onion in a small bowl. Taste for level of spice (heat) you prefer. In my opinion, 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce is a little spicy. Four tablespoons is very spicy. Place the chicken into a plastic ziplock bag. Add the yogurt marinade and seal the bag. Move the chicken around until all the pieces are fully coated. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours. Overnight is preferred for optimal flavor and juiciness.
- When ready to bake, place the marinated chicken onto a rimmed sheet pan. Make sure the sheet pan is rimmed or you’ll have juices dripping all over the bottom of your oven! Placed the potatoes and onions around the chicken. Sprinkle everything with fresh cracked pepper. Optional: sprinkle with chili powder as well.
- Place into a preheated 425 oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir the potatoes and return the pan to the over. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Please leave me a comment if you like this recipe. I’d love to hear from you.
You may also want to try these other comfort food recipes:
Hi! I’m Steve Clark of LifeLoveandBlog.com. I’m a forgiven sinner trying to be the best husband and dad that I can be. I write about advice on building happy and successful marriages.